Rum Enterprise is looking to recruit the role of Bunkhouse Manager for their new Bunkhouse
Job share will be considered
We would like to invite applications detailing the following:
1. How you will run the Bunkhouse in terms of visitor service and as an income generating business for the Isle of Rum Community Trust.
2. How you will market Rum Bunkhouse, ensure occupancy and encourage repeat visitors, using social media etc.
3. Demonstration of knowledge of the level and types of work involved in both the practical and the administrative sides of running the business.
4. Examples of relevant experience in a similar role.
5. Demonstration of knowledge and ability to manage budgets and cash-flow, staff rotas and ordering of supplies. Also, how you would cope with unexpected issues, i.e. ferry cancellations and equipment breakdowns etc.
6. Your vision for the Bunkhouse and how you would implement this as part of the wider tourism industry on Rum, i.e. working with the other accommodation providers and the Ranger service to help promote the island and other small businesses on Rum.
Please contact Ian Leaver for a detailed job description and application form at
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 6th August 2014
Interviews will be held on island on week beginning Monday 11th August 2014
Please be aware that there are limited accommodation options with this post. More information on this can be found from Ian upon entry of application.